Nerds enjoying Nature at Night! – McDowell Nature Center
October 15 @ 4:45 pm - 9:00 pm
Let’s meet up for some autumn time at night in nature! This is a gathering of CltNG at a pre-organized public annual event at the McDowell Nature Center. I’ve never been to this event myself, but last year I went to hike and wander the nature center just before the event and learned about it. I vowed to make sure I checked it out the next year and behold! It’s next year! So I shall go and would love the company of nerds as well!
Description of Nature at Night annual event!
Celebrate all things nocturnal during McDowell Nature Center’s 13th annual Nature at Night festival!
This fun-filled, educational event shines a spotlight on what nature has to offer after the sun goes down.
Ticket price includes live animals, crafts, night hikes, wagon rides, s’mores, popcorn, and interactive booths!
New this year: Meals are not included in the ticket price. Food Trucks will be onsite for meals to purchase separately.
Need to know info for the MDNC part:
- You must register with McDowell Nature Center to attend
- Cost is $7
- Last day to register is Oct 13th
- Space is limited for whole event (not just through Charlotte nerds), so it might be cut off sooner
- Registration can be done online, or the center
- Online registration will include needing to set up an online account with Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation
- Event is rain or shine so dress for the weather
- Wear sturdy shoes
- Bring your own flashlights
- This is not a pet-friendly event
- From what I understand there will be a lot of overflow parking spaces and you can get there earlier if you feel that will help your parking situation, but please consider carpooling
- Kids under 2 are free
Need to know about the CltNG part:
- RSVPing for this Meetup event does not guarantee entry to the MDNC event and all those who RSVP are held accountable for making sure they are registered themselves
- I don’t yet have a designated “meet at” spot, but I’ll update that when I have confirmed what make sense for a meeting places
- This is a family friendly event, so feel free to bring along those you call family (except the pet member kind as it’s not pet friendly)
- The night hike will be a for sure activity, then everything else will be wandering around
- I’m a big food truck fan, so there’ll likely be a food truck run for this
- Feel free to join for parts or wander
- Keep checking this posting for any updates/changes/more info